It is so important for us to know that in every area of our lives He has already made the way for us to be victorious! In fact, He has always done this for man, right from the very beginning.
In being placed in the garden, man:
• was already declared blessed by God
• had all he needed in being completely provided for
• was given the authority, by God, to keep and protect everything God gave him
• and authority to rule and reign in his personal world… all before the serpent came into the garden and attacked, to steal, kill, and destroy. Our Abba/Daddy had already given to Adam all he needed to be victorious over the adversary. God had it all finished for man. All Adam had to do was believe it was for him, and believe he reigned and ruled in his world.
The Promised Land, which God had sworn to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob He would give to their descendants, (Deuteronomy 6), He had, also, already prepared for His people:
• it was already flowing with milk and honey (Numbers 13)
• some fruit clusters were so large they carried it back on a pole by two men (Numbers 13)
• had large and beautiful cities which they did not build, (Deuteronomy 6)
• houses full of all good things, which they did not fill, (Deuteronomy 6)
• hewn-out wells which they did not dig, (Deuteronomy 6)
• vineyards and olive trees which they did not plant, (Deuteronomy 6)
All the time knowing they would have to overcome giants in the land. But that didn’t matter; He told them He had given the land to them, so they could not be defeated. They, too, had to believe it was for them, and believe they were to reign and rule in the Promised Land. God had the Land all finished for them to simply “move in.” It was their possession.
So how does this work for us? The same way, actually. These two examples, foreshadow, or paint a picture for us, showing what Jesus was to come and do for all on the cross. As the saying goes “the New Testament is in Old concealed, the Old is in the New revealed. Meaning, Jesus’ finished work at the cross has given to all, what we just read and more! “But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, and it is founded on better promises” (Hebrews 8: 6). Think of it, we’ve been given…
• Healing, wholeness, safety, deliverance
• Life and Life more abundantly
• Blessed with all spiritual blessings
• Forgiveness of all our sins, delivered from the curse of the Law
• All our needs met according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus
• Abundance of Grace
• The Gift of Righteousness
• Authority to reign in life
• The Great and Mighty Holy Spirit
Therefore, we also only need to believe that God had our “Promised Land” all finished for us in Christ. And that we, in Christ, only need to stand in our authority (That He gave us) for what is already ours. You see, too many think Christianity is “do, do, do:” and missing the fact it is “done, done, done” in Jesus.
So rejoice and shout for joy! Abba/Daddy has always loved us! Always had our best in His heart, because He always loved us! Without a condition attached to it!!
“There once stood a wall, deep and wide, strong and tall,
There it stood built of all our unholiness.
But this Man by His blood broke that wall and loosed the flood.
Of the mercies of God to mankind” (Jimmy Owens).